banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackouts power on/off switch and kill switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackouts power on/off switch and kill switch?

I have a 25k dpdt switch pot and would like to turn the bridge volume into a kill switch and an on/off switch for the battery so I could leave the guitar plugged in and not worry about draining the battery. I'm planning on putting the hot from the tip on one side of the dpdt switch and having it toggle to ground to kill the volume. On the other side I will solder the black wire from the battery to toggle between it being connected and unconnected to an open terminal thus disengaging the power from the pickups. My only concern is if there is a possibility of causing damage to the circuitry of the Blackouts. I don't really see how it can since the same thing happens when the jack is unplugged and plugged in again. Unless of course anyone here can point out something I may be missing? I don't want to just jump into this one and risk damage since it's active pickups. Am I just being paranoid?
    Last edited by TSE; 10-28-2012, 02:31 PM. Reason: Phone auto correct:-\

Re: Blackouts power on/off switch and kill switch?

THIS is a VERY cool idea!!!!

I MUST know how to do this with my basic pickup switch (currently wired on/on/off)
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Re: Blackouts power on/off switch and kill switch?

Thanks, I already did the mod. it works the way that I wanted to, turning off the guitar when pulled up and cutting the volume at the same time. there is a peskey popping sound when u pull it up though, kind of like when you unplug a guitar from the jack even though the pickups hot is shorted to ground when the switch is in the off position. it doesn't seem to hurt anything so I'm just going to keep it the way it is. now I can be lazy and not unplug my jack and just pull up on my volume knob;-)

Comment

Working...
      X