Cap.question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap.question

Where do I wire it in with just a volume pot?
    I want more me in my tone.

Re: Cap.question

you dont?

what do you want the cap to do?

Comment

+1 to Jeremy. Traditonally, caps are for tone pots to bleed the highs to ground.

(that is to say, they are not required for volume pots).
      Last edited by PoorMan; 10-29-2012, 05:05 PM.
      Originally posted by Frankly
      PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
      Originally posted by Diocletian
      Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Comment

Do you mean to say that you always want the cap on full (as if your tone knob was on 0)?
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I'm a little confused. This thing is extreamly bright. I had to remove the tone pot because my wrist kept turning it off when i'd play, it sounded best when tone was on about 7. 7.2k pickup and 250k pots.
          I want more me in my tone.

Comment

You could just wire in a cap and a fixed resistor. Use the same cap as before with a 7/10 * 250K = 175K ohm resistor. The closest standard resistor to that is 180K ohm.

If you had a log pot then use a .5 * 250k = 125K ohm resistor. The value of the pot in a log pot is about half the full value at 7/10 rotation. The closest standard to that is 120K ohm. Wire that up just like a standard circuit with the tone pot replaced with the fixed resistor.

You could try switching the resistor values up or down a little if you want to tweak it later. In fact, you can connect the whole thing up with alligator clips first to try out different resistor values. Start with the numbers above and experiment out from there.
            Last edited by Hyperborea; 10-30-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X