HSH, come on SD bros... chime in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSH, come on SD bros... chime in!

Hey, I'm thinking of my next guitar being a HSH guitar... with the single being a Hot Rail... and I want a Custom in the bridge.

What would YOU put in the neck?
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: HSH, come on SD bros... chime in!

with that set up, either a 59 or a Jazz
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

what kinda tone you looking for from it?

i like TGWIF's choices ... an AIIP would give you alot of versatility too, with a PG being similar but with a bit more oomph

good luck
      t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
        what kinda tone you looking for from it?

i like TGWIF's choices ... an AIIP would give you alot of versatility too, with a PG being similar but with a bit more oomph

good luck
        t4d
        thats true...if it were my H/S/S axe I would keep it alnico II all around...the PG is like a pissed off PAF...not real mean but kinda snotty, just a tad bit of attitude, and the AIIPro, had a full bottom end and an almost strat like bell tone in the top.

I'll say this if I were doing a H/H/H guitar I would do a PG (maybe the Alnico II pro) in the neck, a Twangbanger in the middle, and a Custom Custom (maybe a PG) in the bridge...thats my $.02!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
          ...the PG is like a pissed off PAF...
          oops, i always thought that the PG was like a pissed off AIIP ...

cheers
          t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Thanks for the replies t4d and TGWIF! Your suggestions are great but I'm looking for something a bit heavier similar to or like what I specified.

For more information, this is going into a mahogany body with a Floyd Rose... I want to be able to get some decent cleans in the neck...

What about AIIP/PG/Seth in the neck?
            Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

I guess versatility (in a heavy metal style) is what I'm looking for.

Comment

PG or Seth Has my vote.
                Kramer Classic III - Trans Amber

and more projects than you can shake a spray gun at.

Comment

Jazz Humbucker
                  ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                  2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                  Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Working...
                  X