SVR1n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVR1n

I have the above listed pickup in the neck of an old Aria Mac series. I only get reasonable output from the top 3 low strings the other 3 strings are very quiet? Iv'e checked out the various wiring diagrams and have got nowhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I've checked the search function and could only fins a few topics that were loosely the same but not covering my exact problem.

Re: SVR1n

How close is the pickup to the strings? Its not going to be a very high output pickup, but mine were pretty even. What gauge strings?

Comment

Strings are as close as suggested , but output between top and bottom strings is like night and day?

Comment

Wire black AND red wires to hot, ALL the rest to ground. This pickup is meant to be wired parallel.
        That should do it.
        Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
        Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Comment

Red and black are together and green white and bare to ground. Scratching my head big time..

Comment

Measure the resistance of each coil with a multimetter - they shoudl be about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by LReese View Post
              Measure the resistance of each coil with a multimeter - they should be about the same.
              +1

If' you've enough play in the cable, you could also try swapping it round 180deg and see what effect that has on the output - if the volume of each of the two string groups swaps around, then it would definitely sound like one of the coils has a problem. Give the solder joints a good check over, as you may have a dry joint on the low volume coil.
              Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Thanks guys, I am starting to suspect that either the bottom half of the coil is ok and that I am expecting more volume from it when there isn't going to be any, or that the coil is on the way out.

Comment

Working...
                X