banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blog: The SSL-5 Custom for Strat. The Proto Hot Strat Pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blog: The SSL-5 Custom for Strat. The Proto Hot Strat Pickup?

Love the SSL5/6 now for many years,but I also really love the Twangbanger!
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco78 View Post
      On so many friend that have tried ssl-5 and custom shop ssl-1c, that probably is Alnico2.
      I'm lost reading your post?...I'm thinking Evan knows a bit about the pickup...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
        If you like the SSL-5 in a Strat the STL-2 Hot Tele Lead might be your new best friend in a Tele.
        I hear more similarities between the hot SSL-3 and the STL-2 than with the SSL-5. I always though the "hot" models sounded too dark and congested. The SSL-5 on the other hand is tight and aggressive without sounding fuzzy or bloated.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco78 View Post
          On so many friend that have tried ssl-5 and custom shop ssl-1c, that probably is Alnico2.
          The ssl1 c was later relabeled as ssl5. Just what Evan told us earlier. Why would he lue?

Comment

Actually, the SSL-1C was purchased by Phil Taylor for Mr. Gilmour prior to me joining Seymour Duncan. So I know about it primarily from talking with Phil.

Here's the receipt:

Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Awesome piece of rock history right there! I finally settled on a SSL5/ SSL1 and a Custom surfer in the neck of my G&L Legacy and I couldn't be happier. Nice, phat overwound Strat sounding goodness.

Comment

Working...
              X