Wolfetone Dr.Vintgage Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfetone Dr.Vintgage Pickups?

Thinking about buying a set of these. I'd appreciate hearing your opinions about this set, others inthe same realm, comparison to SD's pickups or anything at all.
    Are they worth the extra money? Are any of the boutique pickups really wortth the extra money? Thanks

Re: Wolfetone Dr.Vintgage Pickups?

For some people the difference between boutique pu and non boutique pu is small. And for some people that small difference is worth the extra money IF that's what they've been looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by elelpe View Post
      For some people the difference between boutique pu and non boutique pu is small. And for some people that small difference is worth the extra money IF that's what they've been looking for.
      Good way to put it. Plus there's also the factor that PU's react differently to individual pieces of wood, so there's never any guaranteee how a PU will sound in your guitar. It may not sound as good, to your ears, with very expensive PU's.
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Probably enough "opinions" floating around already, huh? LOL, I guess I didn't really expect much return on this. But I keep thinking they just might be the ticket. And I know that's what the p/u makers are counting on. Never tried any aftermarket humbuckers except for SDs and DMs, and you know the grass is always greener on the other side.

Comment

Working...
        X