Bridge and neck pickup for Ibanez RG2550MZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bridge and neck pickup for Ibanez RG2550MZ

DD is shorthand for Duncan Distortion, so yeah, Seymour Duncan's TB-6 Distortion.

Comment

Thanx! Another stupid question, What's the JB+? I've only seen regular JB's. Another pickups that are interesting is Crunch Lab and Liquifire!

Comment

JB+ is a forum nickname for a JB with a standard sized ceramic magnet.

For gonzo metal mayhem, it's really hard to beat the PATB-2. Plenty of bite and growl for thrash rhythms. More beef than the standard Distortion for fat riffs, and leads are a bit smoother like the JB. Pick articulation tends to show up in tone more than volume variation, but it's remarkably responsive to it for such a hot pickup.

For my tastes, it's the best of a Distortion, Invader and JB in one pickup.

Comment

Regardless of your fretboard you can't go wrong with either pick up for a tight metal sound. A lot of it will depend on your amp too though. I understand why it says that due to the fretboard and the potential for too much bright/ice picky. You may or may not encounter this though due to a host of factors. I would try one of those two pick ups. Between the two I like the Custom a bit more. It has a more balanced EQ and a bigger bottom end than the Distortion. It is also smoother on the highs. The Distortion will give you a bit more output, more mids and more crunch and sizzle but will not have the "umph" in the lows that the Custom has.

Comment

Originally posted by Despair View Post
            JB+ is a forum nickname for a JB with a standard sized ceramic magnet.

For gonzo metal mayhem, it's really hard to beat the PATB-2. Plenty of bite and growl for thrash rhythms. More beef than the standard Distortion for fat riffs, and leads are a bit smoother like the JB. Pick articulation tends to show up in tone more than volume variation, but it's remarkably responsive to it for such a hot pickup.

For my tastes, it's the best of a Distortion, Invader and JB in one pickup.
            I have the PATB-2 in my Jackson and it is an AWESOME pick up for all the reasons you state. I've paired it with a Jazz neck and it's a great combo so far.

Comment

Working...
            X