Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pick up advice for Screamin' Demon TB-12 Bridge

Hello,

I have ESP Skulls&Snakes(http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/si...llssnakes.html).

And I had George Lynch Screamin’ Demon™ TB-12 on bridge. (http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...12_george_lyn/)

On neck pick up I had ESP SH-100 Rail (N) p.u.

I would like to get a new neck pickup for my guitar. Which will be work well for this set up? Please check guitar specs (rosewood fingerboard, alder body etc.)

Thanks for all advices.
    Last edited by taWsan; 11-13-2012, 04:47 AM. Reason: Title update

Re: Neck pick up advice for Screamin' Demon TB-12 Bridge

Screamin' Demon neck is an obvious 1st choice.
    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
      Screamin' Demon neck is an obvious 1st choice.
      lol! how's it obvious when the neck pickup in that guitar is a single-coil size? hence, the SH-100 'RAIL'?

but to the OP, what sort of sound are you going for? do you want something high output or low output? that guitar has very limited switching capabilities, so do you want a shredder with another 'rail' humbucker or something a little more versatile with a single-coil tone?

that SH-100 is pretty high output and has been known to overpower the bridge pickup. if you want something similar that's a little more articulate and will work better with a bridge pickup try the Hot Rail. for something a little more balanced and versatile there is the Lil '59. the STK-S4 is a very nice noiseless single-coil with a traditional single-coil tone. for something between the the Lil '59 and the STK-S4, try the Lil '59 in split or in parallel - depending on if you want noiseless or not. another single coil option would be the SSL-1 or SSL-2, but both those have similar tones to the STK-S4 and are not noiseless like the STK-S4. and if you're looking for something between the Hot Rail and the Lil '59 there is the Cool Rail, but I find it to be a little muddy sounding and not as precise.

hope that helps.

Comment

Oops, I meant to say Lil' Screamin' Demon. lol
        Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
          Oops, I meant to say Lil' Screamin' Demon. lol

Comment

HxS is a great setup. You could always go with a hotter noiseless single like an injector neck, or even something like an Area '58 or '67 since the demon is so bright. I use a 5 way on an HxS guitar and still get useful sounds in all 5 (bridge series, bridge parallel, bridge series plus neck, bridge split plus neck split (noiseless single), neck)

Comment

this HxS has a single volume p/p to switch between the bridge and the neck. nothing else. the cavity is only big enough for the p/p pot, so you can't even install a switch without routing out the back of the guitar. it was originally approached as the ultimate in simplicity, but that can come at a price.

also, while a Hot Rail and a SSL type pickup will fit in there just fine, if you go with the STK, you'll need to Dremel off a bit around the edges of the pickup to get it to fit. I've had to do that with all 3 of the STK-S4s I've put in my GL model ESPs.

Comment

My instinct would be a cool rail or maybe a lil 59 if you want more of a humbucker tone.

Comment

Glad to hear you're lovin the Demon. A very underrated pup that I have been recommending for years. Great tone and response and very articulate. Definitely not as bright as the name would make you think...well balanced and even EQ. The Demon makes an even better neck pup...my favorite...extremely versatile.

might want to try the Lil Demon in the neck.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Classic Stack Plus!
                    “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Working...
                    X