banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Long Bourns or CTS Non-Active Liberator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Long Bourns or CTS Non-Active Liberator?

Hey friends, I'm faced with my Gibson Les Paul '08 (Stamped 2009) non-functional as well, (PCB). So, I am faced with making a decision. Since I lack the skills to wire DPDT switches, and at some point, may want to change out my bridge pickup.
    Choice #1. Get projections for when I can get a 500K, long shaft for Les Paul, liberator-non-active, to incorporate it in a wiring harness, made professionally. It would consist of 2 push pull, highest quality, pots. 1 for phase and 1 for Series/Parallel, the other a matching Bourns or CTS pot.

#2. Or, pretty much now, I'd have to buy a "Jimmy Page wiring harness" from Ebay and at best get Alpha pots, matched, they charge much more for, you never know, and most offer little or no support. Then if/when I want to change pickups, buy a liberator and tear my stuff up putting that in later.
    I'm trying to record an Album. I am also sans-tech and know Zero about wiring Les Paul stuff. So, Mr. Duncan's Shop has been kind to me offering consultation. Thank you. I bought a set of TS-2s. They'll be the 1st stop on the journey of my pickup's wires. Also a great jumper-wire spot to run wires to DPDT buttons through tiny holes drilled in the TS-2s headed under the pickguard, which I'm also doing. So this is a bit odd but it will work best for me with my Custom Shop Antiquities. This is so you get what I'm after and my need for that guitar to be fully operational. Any suggestions from forum members welcome! I'm a novice at Pauls. I can wire a '59 harness and Strats, not a problem. This is different. Blessings-T1~MIRAGE

Re: A Long Bourns or CTS Non-Active Liberator?

Let me follow that up by saying, The liberator 500K passive 500K pot will make it possible for me and the rest of the world to have multiple guitars in one by having several sets of Seymour Duncan Pickups. If I can get it done this way I'll try a Pearly Gates in it on some songs, maybe a SH-4, definitely mine for a good while. MJ rocks! Consider the possibilities now, no more soldering for swapping out both, mixing and mis-matching pickups Galore! Thanks again. T1~MIRAGE

Comment

Working...
    X