banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what wire gauges are 59, screamin demon and full shred neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what wire gauges are 59, screamin demon and full shred neck?

I'm considering doing a few hybrids for the neck, what are the wiring gauges of the 59 neck and bridge, full shred and screamin demon? I think the Demon is 43g but not sure.

I have heard the 59/jazz is great so I was thinking a 59B with a full shred neck, or a 59B with a screamin demon might be great to try and use the leftovers for a screamin demon/ full shred to try them all out. any thoughts?

No help?

Comment

Re: what wire gauges are 59, screamin demon and full shred neck?

I don't think most participants in this Forum know nor care about such piece of info.

I know for a fact that the wire used in '59s is AWG #42 PE.

I can from the specs guess that the FSn is AWG #42 wire, most probably poly.

I wouldn't know 'bout the Screamin' Demon, although I'd say it could be #43 AWG poly.

Now tell us HOW knowing all this would help you. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
        Now tell us HOW knowing all this would help you. Inquiring minds would like to know.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
          C'mon, let it out.

Please, tell us how you REALLY feel!

Comment

The therapy will be good for you. Just talk it out.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

The theory is mixing different wiring gauges with varying resistances yield a different resonant peak for each coil and this a wider range or more 3d sound.

That's why the 59/custom works so well. It has one 42 gauge low output coil & one 43 gauge higher output coil.

Dimarzio has been doing this for years, they patented the dual resonance technology at some point. You could read up on it to find out more. It's one of the reasons some hybrids work great.

Comment

Nice!
                87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
                  The theory is mixing different wiring gauges with varying resistances yield a different resonant peak for each coil and this a wider range or more 3d sound.

That's why the 59/custom works so well. It has one 42 gauge low output coil & one 43 gauge higher output coil.

Dimarzio has been doing this for years, they patented the dual resonance technology at some point. You could read up on it to find out more. It's one of the reasons some hybrids work great.
                  Patent must have run out. Other mfrs are now doing it too.

Comment

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post

It's not because of the different wire gauges, but they way both coils SOUND. You can do the same with different coils wound with the same gauge but with different insulations, or even same insulation type but different thickness, or changing the coil geometry, meaning the way the wire in wound on the coil, getting similar results.

Hence my curiosity about this kind of specifics, as I don't consider'em crucial, just another variable in the complex equation a humbucker p'up's tone is.

HTH,

Comment

I've made a double screw 59B/Demon and 490R/Demon. I prefer the 490R/Demon. Actually, I like it so much that I took another 490R apart to make another, so I now have two, I use them in the neck. Lead wise it's comparable to a Fred, but with more of a P90-ish growl for riffage, very "sweet leaf", 'tis awesome.

Comment

Demon makes a good coil to pair with a lot of other choices to make a hybrid. I like the C/Demon better than the C/59.

Comment

This will probably be paired with a DD/fullshred bridge hybrid with double ceramic mag. I do like the Screamin demon as a neck pickup by itself but it could use a little something. Will the full shred neck with a 59B be better than the jazz/59n people are going on about? only one way to find out.

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                          It's not because of the different wire gauges, but they way both coils SOUND. You can do the same with different coils wound with the same gauge but with different insulations, or even same insulation type but different thickness, or changing the coil geometry, meaning the way the wire in wound on the coil, getting similar results.

Hence my curiosity about this kind of specifics, as I don't consider'em crucial, just another variable in the complex equation a humbucker p'up's tone is.

HTH,

Comment

Working...
                          X