Invader questions!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invader questions!!!

After reading many posts here,i`m very interested in the Invader pickup! How are the palm mutes and harmonics? Also,does it sound good when the coils are split cause i have a 5 way pickup selector switch on my guitar?

Re: Invader questions!!!

Palm mutes are great, harmonics are absolutely huge. The split tone isn't really anything to write home about, but it doesn't suck.

The Invader is probably my all time favorite pickup. I have yet to have it sound bad in any guitar I've put it in.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Thanks JB From Hell!! I think tomorrow i`m going to the music store and buying one for the bridge! Yeah and the split sound wasn`t really an issue but it will be split on my guitar. What about the neck pickup? I kinda like to go all out metal with the bridge but like the opposite with the neck. How would a Jazz do????

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
        Palm mutes are great, harmonics are absolutely huge. The split tone isn't really anything to write home about, but it doesn't suck.

The Invader is probably my all time favorite pickup. I have yet to have it sound bad in any guitar I've put it in.
        +1 I've used invaders in ESP guitars and BC Rich's
        Rock On
        ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
        2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
        Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

i agree i bought the jb as my first seymour duncan pickup. i messed it up by snapping the wire because i twisted the pot on accident and i didnt have enough lead left so guitar center let me exchange it. i got the invader instead and i love it.

Comment

a jazz in the bridge would be cool tone wise. it wont be equal in output but if you use the jazz for clean and invader for dirty youll have a good sounding combo. a 59n would be another choice, it has a little more bottom than the jazz so might match up better but still have a great clean tone

Comment

So what would be the best match in the neck if you have a Invader in the bridge?

Comment

it depends on how you use the pup selector switch. if you use the bridge for distorted tones and the neck for clean tones then you can pick very different sounding pups and still get great tones

Comment

I`ve read that some people complain about the Invader picking up alot of outside noises and that they hum alot due to the large pole pieces...is that true?

Comment

not really if properly shielded

Comment

i have the invader in the neck of my B.C Rich Beast and there's no hum at all.But it definetely sounds great.
                      - 03 B.C. Rich Custom Shop Stealth EMG 81(n)/89(m)/60(n)
                      - 04 Malmsteen Sig. Strat DMZ HS-3(b)/YJM(m)/YJM(n)
                      - 05 Line 6 Variax 700
                      - 08 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Blackout N/B
                      - 04 B.C. Rich NJ beast(Speedloader) SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
                      - 99 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
                      - Clarity(by Johnson) Ovation Copy
                      - Takamine acoustic(not sure abut year and model)
                      -Engl Sovereign 100 Vintage 1x12 Combo + Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)

Comment

Working...
                      X