RTM and 59/c hybrid questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTM and 59/c hybrid questions

can anyone tell me how the RTM and hybrid work for Drop d? I figure the RTM is fine for it.. But curious about the 'brid.

Also, has anyone thats used these pups tried them in both direct mount and pickguard mount axes? Im wondering if they prefer either in which type of guitar?

any other info re these would be great. thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: RTM and 59/c hybrid questions

I have the RTM in both E and Eb, but not D. also have it direct mounted in solid maple and also in alder w/pickguard. all with Floyds. but the real test for me would be in a pickguard in maple and either direct-mounted or in a ring in a solid body... although I don't see myself getting anything else with a pickguard any time soon.

and here are my thoughts, although they can already be found in just about any RTM thread over the past 6 months. the pickup is awesome in maple. in both the maple guitars it replaced a JB TB-4. I knew from the first strike that it was awesome. but it took me a bit to warm up to it in the alder, and I'm not sure if the pickguard had that much to do with it or not. once I put an UOA5 in there, it was on-par with the stock models that were in maple.

for the 59/C hybrid, I've only tried it in rings in solid bodies.

Comment

Working...
    X