SD 2 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD 2 05

I have a telecaster neck Seymour Duncan with SD 2 05 on the base but no id label, it's got a red wire + a blue + an earth and measures 7.45k on my meter, can any member please help identify the model please

Re: SD 2 05

take the reading again from bare to blue and bare to red and post it here.

I'm thinking you might have a STL-2 Hot Lead with a coil tap.

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
      take the reading again from bare to blue and bare to red and post it here.

I'm thinking you might have a STL-2 Hot Lead with a coil tap.
      That would be my guess as well.
      Last edited by GuitarDoc; 11-22-2012, 11:14 AM.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I only get a reading from red and blue if I go red or blue to bare I get no reading at all

Comment

Originally posted by woodycustom View Post
          I only get a reading from red and blue if I go red or blue to bare I get no reading at all
          Have you played the pup? Does it work?

If not...I still think it is a STL-2, but it has a broken coil wire between the start (bare/ground) wire and the tap wire. This will give you a no current (or infinite resistence) reading from start to tap or from start to finish. You are still getting the reading between the tap wire and the finish because that is on the "other side of the coil" from the broken coil wire.

Comment

Pup works connected to blue and red, I ran it through my VST Studio 20, the earth wire is connected to the tag from the metal case

Comment

Originally posted by woodycustom View Post
              Pup works connected to blue and red, I ran it through my VST Studio 20, the earth wire is connected to the tag from the metal case
              You mean when, for example, red is ground, blue is to switch? Or when blue is to ground and red is to switch?

Yes, but does it work when the bare wire is to ground and the red or blue wire is connected to the switch (or vol pot, or output jack)? If you're not getting a reading on your multimeter between bare and red or bare and blue, you shouldn't get any sound when bare is connected to ground and red (or blue) is connected to the switch.

Comment

I have an output jack with trailing leads and crocodile clips, if I connect red to tip and blue to earth or blue to tip and red to earth pup works but if I connect either wire to the earth on the pup I get nothing

Comment

Yeah, you've got a broken coil/wind wire between the start and the tap.

Comment

how is it that pup still works?

Comment

I think we got crossed wires somewhere along the line,The STL-2 is a bridge pickup, SD has an option available that is tapped for dual output levels, I have a tele neck pickup

Comment

Working...
                      X