banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help wiring a JB Jr. pick up on a strat in bridge position (coil splitting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help wiring a JB Jr. pick up on a strat in bridge position (coil splitting)

I have just purchased a JB Jr pick up for my new strat in the bridge postion. I plan to leave the other 2 stock single coil pick ups for the time being. I also purchased a tappable (pull/push) switch, which I will install as the volume. I have downloaded install wiring which shows how to do this, however my push/pull switch is a little different than what's shown. My switch has the additional 6 pole component, but the base is different. Its not round, but vertical and the same cross section as the 6 pole peice. My question relates the grounding. First, is it still necessary to bridge two of the 6 poles as shown on schematic? Second, as my base is different and not round,with a small horizontal cross section, it is not possible for me to bend the ground and solder to that base as shown on plan. Equally, it is not possible for me to solder all those grounds to that base. How do I get around all those grounding issues? Help please. Have my guitar apart and have a gig pending. Thanks.

Re: Need help wiring a JB Jr. pick up on a strat in bridge position (coil splitting)

Do you have a link for the switch, & for your diagram?
    You could use a star ground, it's basically a slightly oversized washer that all the solder points tie to.
    You will solder all grounds to the edge of the washer (not all of them at 1 point), slide this over the volume pot, then insert thru the pickguard, & tighten well.
    This accomplishes the same as soldering all grounds to the Back of the pot.
    I have this on my strat.
    As for the switch, i'd have to see it. Is it a 500k or 250k?
    The JB jr is a humbucker, & likes 500k pot, where the single coils will like 250k
    6 pieces of wood with wires
    1 big box with a bunch of little glass bottles & 2 big round black things
    1 little red & white & black box with 2 little glass bottles that sits on
    a wood box with 2 big round black things.
    1 little black box with 2 slightly bigger black boxes under it.

Comment

Re: Need help wiring a JB Jr. pick up on a strat in bridge position (coil splitting)

The JB Jr isn't very usefull split. Parallel is better option.

Comment

Working...
      X