Strat sized Tri-Sonics, check it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat sized Tri-Sonics, check it...

Quite a few people out there like the Tri-Sonic pup - the warm and bell-like tone, plus cool look make it one of the most distinctive pups out there. Yet, the original spec version is larger than a Strat pu, requiring scratchplate (and sometimes routing) modification. I was looking around for Strat sized versions and came across this (thought some folk might be interested): http://www.at-the-creamery.co.uk/cus...t-pickups.html.

They look nice .

They can be ordered in three mag types and different powder-coated colour covers.

On a side note, Burns do offer Strat-sized Tri-Sonics but they're not customizable. They're probably cheaper too, not being booteek.
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Re: Strat sized Tri-Sonics, check it...

I've come across this site before. The creamery seems to make some pretty sweet p'ups. The demo for the Strat tri-sonics he has makes me wanna go grab a set....Of course I'd need a strat first haha. Maybe if I ask nicely he can make P90-sized ones :-D

Comment

Are these actually tape wound or are they regular strat coils? Many reproductions don't use real tapewound coils and are only visually similar.

Comment

Necro thread!

Given they guy's description: 'With handwound coils pressed around the custom magnets...', I'd say they are. I have a set of full size Adesons (very nice Tri-Sonic repros) in my parts bin which are.

As you say, it's an important aspect of this type of pup which many repros skimp over because once the cover is on, you can't tell. Plus, there's more labour involved in winding the coil separately then jamming it around the mag.

Reckon the A5 version would be cool - mix of Strat pup sparkle with original Tri-Sonic oomph.
        Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
        X