Mounting SD neck hotrail pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting SD neck hotrail pickup

I am currently installing new SD hotrail set for my american deluxe telecaster.
    The neck pickup mounting holes do not have any thread for the screws to attach the pickup to the pickguard let alone to adjust the height .
    Are these designed to be mounted into the timber with the self tapping screws rather than the pickguard?
    All that said if you have to mount the p/u into the timber underneath, there is no way to adjust the height as the head of the screw will only go as far as the pickguard will let it?

My next issue is, the bridge pick up is squeeling (feedback) really bad when gain is up.
    (i havent even got string on yet)!
    The feedback reduces when you hold the pickup (its like by holding the p/u reduces any minute vibrations).
    i have heard that because the bridge plate only has rear screws, the front of the bridge plate can produce minute vibrations.

Any advise would be awesome!

Cheers...

Re: Mounting SD neck hotrail pickup

There should be a spring between the pup, & the bottom of the guard, for hight adj
    The squeeling sounds like a wire issue, probably ground as you said it stops when you touch, hold it
    6 pieces of wood with wires
    1 big box with a bunch of little glass bottles & 2 big round black things
    1 little red & white & black box with 2 little glass bottles that sits on
    a wood box with 2 big round black things.
    1 little black box with 2 slightly bigger black boxes under it.

Comment

Originally posted by 925SS View Post
      There should be a spring between the pup, & the bottom of the guard, for hight adj
      Yes, but like he said, there is no thred in the base plate...It was designed to be direct mounted into the body with wood screws.

You can solder a nut (with the appropriate thread) to the baseplate above or beneath the mounting hole. Then you can adjust it from a screw going through the scratchplate. Don't forget the spring.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
        Yes, but like he said, there is no thred in the base plate...It was designed to be direct mounted into the body with wood screws.

You can solder a nut (with the appropriate thread) to the baseplate above or beneath the mounting hole. Then you can adjust it from a screw going through the scratchplate. Don't forget the spring.
        Didn't pay attention to the no thread part, a nut would work well, but it might be easier to gel superglue it on, nice catch & a good solution.
        Wonder if the op will come back & read any of this though lol

Comment

I guess he's not all that concerned. Or maybe he fixed it already.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
            I guess he's not all that concerned. Or maybe he fixed it already.
            You could be right on both accounts, I guess we'll see. or maybe not

Comment

Working...
            X