No announcement yet.

Coil Tapping with Gus G FIRE Blackouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil Tapping with Gus G FIRE Blackouts?

I own a set of Gus G Fire Blackouts and absolutely love their tone. What I want to do is install a Coil Tap since the pickups themselves are passive but I want to keep the Blackouts Modular Preamp.

I was looking at the Triple Shot Mounting Ring as the best and easiest possible option. So my question is would I be able to use the Triple Shot with the Blackouts Modular Preamp?

The BMP takes 5 wires straight in from the pickups, but when you connect the Pickup to the Triple Shot it converts the wires coming out to 3. I know that it has to be possible to instal a coil tap while using the BMP but I can't find anything online about this specifically.

I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to doing my own electronics but I haven't screwed anything up yet and I don't want to start with this.

Can somebody please help me with this or at least point me into the right direction.

Re: Coil Taping with Gus G FIRE Blackouts?

You should not use the Triple Shot with the modular preamp. The preamp needs to see all four wires from the pickup (plus shield)

If you want to coil split with the BMP, get a push/pull or mini toggle and jump the red wire to ground. That will delete that coil.

Comment

Working...
    X