Middle SC for HSH ash Strat advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle SC for HSH ash Strat advice

I love vintage looking guitars that aren't limited to vintage sounds. I'm putting together a HSH ash strat with one piece maple neck and a hardtail bridge. I'm looking for maximum tonal versatility without loosing too much of the classic Strat sound. I'd like to be able to play everything from Blues to Classic Rock to Heavy Rock to (old school) Heavy Metal. Therefore I'm going for this coil split wiring: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...lilhum_1v_2t_s I'm thinking a Custom Custom in the bridge and a Pearly Gates in the neck. What SC would work well with the 2 Buckers using this wiring?

Re: Middle SC for HSH ash Strat advice

I've always wanted to try that setup with a 1/4 b. in the middle, set up so that it could be tapped.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Re: Middle SC for HSH ash Strat advice

Hi,
      This might not be up your ally, but I have HSH and I use a JB Trembucker in the bridge and SH-2 jazz in the neck as I always find that of all the pickups in the known world, I love the sweetness and adaptability of the SH-2 in the neck. They get a terrible rap from some of the posts I've read and I do not care anymore if people make fun of me or call me nuts, I love 'em, and that's that. Just tweek if needed. Not like there isn't a million pedals around for anything these days. I like 'em plain. in all my guitars' neck position, regardless.
      Here is my fave, the cool part that gives me so many cool sounds, almost a quack, like a coil split when I use this Fender pickup in the center spot. Don't hang up, the Fender 57/62 gives me such cool sounds w/ the SH-2 & 57/62. And a totally different cool with the JB Trembucker & Fend.57/62. This inexpensive Fender SC sounds like it came from a time machine. Only Fend. pick up I like. And using just the middle fender you are back home, square 1 fender for real middle Fender tone all by itself.
      Steve Buffington. There. I said it. feels like coming out of the closet. Think a bit on it. Bet you could do all kinda coil split w/this set up!! I use Seth Lovers w/A5 mags on my other Les Pauls & S.G. for Bridge.
      Last edited by SJ318; 12-02-2012, 01:19 AM. Reason: Extra input that matters to me.

Comment

Working...
      X