Tell me about the antiquity bridge humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the antiquity bridge humbucker

I need something more "classy" than a 59b or 496R to pair with my Ironman, hella planning on mag swaps (probably A4).

Anyone tried an Antb as a neck pickup?

I can feel you rolling your eyes, so stop it and give me an answer.

Re: Tell me about the antiquity bridge humbucker

Should work just fine. It's the same pickup with just a slightly hotter wind. Just because it says "neck" or "bridge" on a pickup does not mean you can't put them any where you want. Some guitars, and players, want a hotter pup in the neck. Stick a "bridge" version of your favourite model in the neck and go. I've done it many times with great results.

"F-spaced", "bridge", "neck" bla, bla, yada, yada. It's just the manufacturers tricks to sell more pups. Trust your ears before you trust some ****** bags opinion on a guitar forum, or in a guitar store.

Comment

F spaced is not a trick to sell more pickups but sell more suited pickups.

The ant b is amazing. It is less flutey than the neck and a bit more juicy and fat like an alnico2pro but not as boomy, by far, as a 59n.

Comment

Thanks Orph, I was starting to think you guys were useless. Anyone tried any mag swaps? I'm specifically curious about an A4.

Comment

I haven't swapped any magnets in mine but it has a big fat rock sound that's just bright enough in the bridge of my Les Paul Custom...

I like them so much that I would probably only buy Antiquities when I want humbuckers from now...unless I specifically want a high output tone...
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

My Ant set had very little treble in either PU, and pretty low output (aged A2's). I put an UOA5 in the bridge and an A5 in the neck to fix that. I like it much better now. Too smooth, rounded, muffled before. For a Duncan with stock mags, Seth's are great.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
              I need something more "classy" than a 59b or 496R to pair with my Ironman, hella planning on mag swaps (probably A4).

Anyone tried an Antb as a neck pickup?

I can feel you rolling your eyes, so stop it and give me an answer.
              Yep, got a BKP Crawler/ Ant (b) in the neck slot of my LP std and it's a super combo as Stevie Bees can confirm. The BKP is around 13-14k whilst the Ant is 7.9k (i think) and it balances really well making for a really versatile pairing. The BKP is very close in sound to a Custom5 just for your info. Left the cover on with zero feedback issues either.

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                Thanks Orph, I was starting to think you guys were useless. Anyone tried any mag swaps? I'm specifically curious about an A4.
                funny guy

yeah I did try it with an a4 and it's a bit too clean to my taste in either slot. but I'm not a huge fan of the a4 in pickups that sound good and balanced to begin with. thats why i think it's amazing in the 59n...? It is awesome with an a3 though. in both positions.

Comment

I think this is my pickup, thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X