Blog: Awesome SD 7-String Humbucker Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog: Awesome SD 7-String Humbucker Demo

Click here and watch the video with good speakers or headphones. The players are SD's own Keith Merrow with Wes Hauch from The Faceless.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7_7_7_7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	5826001
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Re: Blog: Awesome SD 7-String Humbucker Demo

Cool.

It would be nice to get some similar high quality demos of pups being played in a non-metal style.

I wonder if anyone's made a 7 string 59/C yet...
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

agreed. 7-string aren't strictly for down-tuning and playing metal, after all. rock or hard rock might be a nice option for some of the pickup 'shoot-outs'. there's also jazz and prog. there are 7 string models of the '59, the Jazz, the Hybrid and the SSL-1 that could also benefit from similar video shoot-outs.

it's great that Keith has been doing these and they are definitely beneficial. one of the things about that one 12-model comparison was that the spots were a little shorter, so it was a little easier to retain a 'snapshot' of one sound to compare to others. and having two guitars in this one going at the same time may or may not be the best way for some ears to be able to tell what's going on, but that could also just be me.

I definitely like Keith's video work and I reference the 12-model comparison a lot when I need a reminder of certain models. so I'm just throwing out an obervation of what works better for me on that previous one. maybe others might have some ideas so that there's a chance that we all can continue to help Keith give the most bang for the buck with each video.

thanks.

Comment

Really liked the DD in this followed by Full Shred.

Comment

Working...
        X