Suhr pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr pickups?

I'm looking at Suhr pick ups. Never had them in a guitar. I'm interested in people's impressions of the ML single coils and the SSH+ Humbucker. Anyone have thoughts?

The ML pups would be for the neck and middle of a strat and the SSH+ in the bridge. I was also thinking about trying the SSH+ in the bridge of my PRS Custom 24.

Re: Suhr pickups?

I've got ML Classics in the Neck and mid positions of my latest acquisition. I do suspect you are looking for the ML standard which is a little "more" in the wind department than the Classics.

As far as single coils go they are somewhat flat response to me.. Not flat sounding - just balanced. If you like clear sounding, consider the V60LP instead. Its a splitting hair thing as they are both in the Vintage Strat category as far as pickups go.

The SSH+, I installed it and took it out the next day. Sounded good on its own, but just did not do it for me on the split SSH+/V60LP. I've heard demos with it wired in parallel that sounded very single coil like.... I'm just not a humbucker fan, so take that into consideration on my opinion of the SSH+.

You don't mention the style of music you play... Might help us to give you a better opinion.

Consider our host's offerings, too. I'm sure many of our members might be better versed in SD's products.
    Last edited by LReese; 12-07-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Re: Suhr pickups?

I payed the SSH+ installed in an Ibanez J Custom (Mahogany, maple top and Rosewood board) and I tought it was quite hot... too much for me, but taking in consideration that I mostly use low to medium output pickups, My opinion might be biased. I liked the regular SSH better. Other than the output, the SSH+ it's very dynamic and has a great sound!
      Washburn Atlantis EC26 (YJM Fury/Screamin' Demon w/Triple Shot) and Washburn Parallaxe PXS100ARFRWHM (PATB-1n/PATB-3)
      Rivera M100 and Rivera Bonehead.

Good deals with: Savage Distortion, IndySG, Masta' C, RayBarbeeMusic, Monsta-Tone, Chickencoop, Traumatized.

Comment

Working...
      X