banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Triple Humbucking with Duncans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Triple Humbucking with Duncans...

I'm custom building a guitar with Warmoth. It's gonna be a triple humbucking Les Paul Doublecut. I've used several duncan pickups, and love them, which is why I want more. I already am rather positive that I'll be putting a Pearly Gates into the bridge, and an Alnico II Pro in the mid position. What would be a good third choice... OR... should I perhaps go HSH, and have Pearly Gates, and maybe a Hot Rails, and then the Alnico II Pro in the top?

I'm looking for more of a classic rock sound, but with a little bit extra. I don't want as much extra if I go triple humbucker as I have in my Duncan Distortion in my SG's neck.

I'll be putting this through a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212.

Thanks for any advice!
    Last edited by JSS; 04-08-2004, 02:32 PM. Reason: because I forgot something

Re: Triple Humbucking with Duncans...

What if I put the PG in the neck, and the Alnico II in the mid... then something heavier in the bridge, but not too heavy... would a Duncan Custom or a Custom Custom be better for a classic sound, given the neck has a PG and the mid an A2P?
    Last edited by JSS; 04-08-2004, 02:34 PM. Reason: because I forgot stuff

Comment

Re: Question on Triple Humbucking with Duncans...

i think a pearly gates bridge, alnico II pro neck and a 59 in the middle would be a cool combo for classic rock

Comment

Re: Question on Triple Humbucking with Duncans...

My man, look no further than this combo! Trust me on this one!
        Custom 5 bridge/59 neck/59 neck. You could substitute a Jazz for the 59s too.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
        X