Strat Pickups in a Tele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat Pickups in a Tele?

Hey everyone. I played a tele with a Hot Stakc in the bridge and I really liked it. For the styles that I play, I think that the hot Stack for Tele fits the styles I'm playing now better than the Jerry Donahue that I have in my tele currently.

What I was wondering is: How well does the Hot Stack for Strat neck balance with the Tele's Hot Stack? I'm not too fond of traditional Tele neck pickups, so the Vintage stack is out for me. Thanks a lot for the info, gentlemen.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Re: Strat Pickups in a Tele?

Bumpage.

Comment

Sorry I can't answer your question, but this should keep the thread alive. I heard Alvin Youngblood Hart playing a Tele with a Tele Hot Stack lead and Vintage Stack rhythm through a Marshall combo, and it sounded great. I'd like to know whether the Tele Hot Stack lead will keep up with a PAF-style HB. I'm sure it would work well with a Firebird-style mini-HB, so I would think a Strat stack would work with some height tweaking.

Comment

Thanks for the info. ANybody else have anything on this subject?

Comment

Shameless bump.

Comment

Last bump before I let the thread die.

Comment

It looks like it's just you and me kid.

As I recall, your Tele has an SM-1 FIrebird-style mini-HB in the neck slot. If so, I would leave that and add the Hot Stack Tele lead to see how you like it. They are both alnico 5 with complementary EQ's. I'm pretty sure that I'd prefer the SM-1 over any of the Strat stacks at the neck.

Comment

Good memory, bro.

the thing is, I'm putting the SM-1 in a Frankenstrat (along with a Custom mini at the bridge and another SM-1 in the mid) and have been jonesing to try out the Hot Stacks in my Tele.

The Jerry Donahue model I currently have in the bridge of my ash tele is going into my MIJ 69 Thinline RI.

Anyway, I think you're right, it's just you, me and the chickens for now.

Comment

If you want a little different flavor and already have the pickguard for an SM, then try the SM-3n. I love mine paired with a Nocaster lead, and I've thought it would pair well with the Hot Stack lead if I ever wanted a hum-cancelling Tele.

Comment

That is something to think about. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

i like the idea of keeping a mini in the neck of your tele, but the strat stack would work well i think. I heard a guy playing a strat with them in it the other day and it sounded better than any stack i had ever heard, but then again the giy could play the blues too. wow i was in amazed
                      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
                      X