guitar techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar techs

i have decided to get a set of a2p's...how much would it cost for a guitar tech to put them in for me. i have no experience in soldering so i dont want to try and do it myself. so does anyone have any idea how much this cost? the guitar came stock with active pick ups, so will they have to route anything out, or what? aldo any info or experiences you guys have had with techs will help, as this will be my first time dealing with one. thanks a lot
    "some people say a song without lyrics isnt a song...tell that to beethoven and he'll kick your ass"
    -Eddie Van Halen

Re: guitar techs

It shouldn't cost you much more than around $50 depending on where you live.

Comment

A good tech by my area installed my hot rails for 20 bucks! He did a very good job and he is an awesome tech.

Fender MIM Strat (Hot Rails)
      Squier P-Bass
      Hamer Standard (import)

Comment

cool..i live in torrance. i dont know if anyonoe else is from around here, but JOLLY said 'depending on where you live', so if anyone lives around torrance, have any idea how much it would cost?
        "some people say a song without lyrics isnt a song...tell that to beethoven and he'll kick your ass"
        -Eddie Van Halen

Comment

Joneser's likely to know of a tech near you
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

You'll need a new set of control pots and possibly a new jack if you're going from active to passive pickups. I'd agree that $50 or so sounds about right.

Ryan
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

so for a tech to put in the A2P's, plus the new control pots/jack..it'll be around 50 bucks??
              -Eddie Van Halen

Comment

Working...
              X