Mark Morton Dominion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Morton Dominion

Has anybody here tried the new Dominion PUP from Dimarzio made for Mark Morton from LAMB OF GOD. It seems like a PUP I wouldnt mind trying for the bridge in my guitar.
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Re: Mark Morton Dominion

It is a tighter,brighter breed. I prefer them to the breeds.
    I suppose these are just breeds with a mag swap but cant confirm that. the specs are the same except for the magnets
    Excellent deals with,
    Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
    Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
    slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
    guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
    51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
    king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

Ive never tried DM but I assume since the Dominion has a Ceramic the Breed has a A5?
      Originally posted by KBliss
      WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
      Originally posted by trevorus
      The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

It's pretty awesome for hard rock/metal, very tight pickup. I swapped the ceramic for A5, which added some alnico warmth and smoothness to it. Has lots of mids like JB/DD.

Comment

I have yet to try it but both models are on my short list of pups to try.

Comment

I have not tried it but Id love to hear clips with the mag swapped out from ceramic to a5....hint hint.

Comment

Does it have more bass response than a JB?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Bowling View Post
                Does it have more bass response than a JB?
                More than the JB, and low end is tight like EMG 81. But less than Custom and slightly less than the DD.

Comment

It's one of my favourite pickups. Extremely tight and articulate. I think the Dominion is a little more than a Breed with a ceramic magnet in it, but the Breed was definitely the starting point.
                  http://www.lonephantom.com
                  http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

I have tons of clips of this pup (and many others) on my soundcloud if you want to compare it:
                    BRIDGE PICKUP SHOOTOUT All clips recorded through an Axe FX II unit, using a custom Diezel VH4 preset with Ownhammer Bogner cab impulses. All passive pickups recorded with an ESP/LTD V-250 with

It's certainly not a modified breed. The breed is smoother/fuzzier and has more bottom end than the Dominion, but the Dominion is obscenely tight. It's got humbucker heaviness with single-coil clarity. The sound overall is comparable to an EMG 81, but with more clarity. It's actually hard to give it more bottom end without swapping the bottom hex pole pieces for flathead screws. Even with just an A5/A8 in it (without any other modifications) is still pretty bass-anemic. But I've got to say, the A5,A8, and A9 Dominions with screw pole pieces on the bottom row are possibly the most awesome pickups I've ever heard (prefer that mod over even most of the 'boutique' pups I've heard). The Breed with an A9/A8 come in at a close second though. This is all just my subjective opinion however; listen to the comparisons and decide for yourself how you like it.
                    Last edited by oblique63; 01-03-2013, 07:48 AM.
                    MASSIVE PICKUP SHOOTOUT - Duncan, Dimarzio, EMG, Bare Knuckle Pickups, Gibson, Bill Lawrence, magnet swaps, and more!

Souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/oblique63/

Comment

Originally posted by LonePhantom View Post
                      It's one of my favourite pickups. Extremely tight and articulate. I think the Dominion is a little more than a Breed with a ceramic magnet in it, but the Breed was definitely the starting point.
                      LP, have you tried the AT-1? If so how would it stack up against the Dominion?

Comment

Originally posted by oblique63 View Post
                        I have tons of clips of this pup (and many others) on my soundcloud if you want to compare it:
                        BRIDGE PICKUP SHOOTOUT All clips recorded through an Axe FX II unit, using a custom Diezel VH4 preset with Ownhammer Bogner cab impulses. All passive pickups recorded with an ESP/LTD V-250 with

It's certainly not a modified breed. The breed is smoother/fuzzier and has more bottom end than the Dominion, but the Dominion is obscenely tight. It's got humbucker heaviness with single-coil clarity. The sound overall is comparable to an EMG 81, but with more clarity. It's actually hard to give it more bottom end without swapping the bottom hex pole pieces for flathead screws. Even with just an A5/A8 in it (without any other modifications) is still pretty bass-anemic. But I've got to say, the A5,A8, and A9 Dominions with screw pole pieces on the bottom row are possibly the most awesome pickups I've ever heard (prefer that mod over even most of the 'boutique' pups I've heard). The Breed with an A9/A8 come in at a close second though. This is all just my subjective opinion however; listen to the comparisons and decide for yourself how you like it.
                        The tech for morton is a friend of mine and it Certainly was based off the Breed. thanks for the link to all the dif clips. Some of those sound amazin.

Comment

Working...
                        X