banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bridge PU for Tom Keifer(Cinderella) sound....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge PU for Tom Keifer(Cinderella) sound....

Want to replace my A2P bridge pu in my Epi LP for something with more grit.
    Love Tom Keifer's sound (his LP).
    Anything similar sounding in the SD line?
    No Custom shop, regular line.
    Thx.
    Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
    Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Re: Bridge PU for Tom Keifer(Cinderella) sound....

He played stock instruments, whether his vintage stuff or his current (for the time) stuff. So maybe shaws, 498t, or the lawrence circuit boards.

Duncan makes nothing like any of those. Closest maybe a jazzbridge, or 59 with a roughcast a5 or alnico 2 mag.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Bridge PU for Tom Keifer(Cinderella) sound....

You should be able to get Tom's tone with either a 59 or a Pearly Gates. A good Marshall style amp and a good grasp of a shuffle rhythm and you should be good to go.
      2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
      2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
      2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Re: Bridge PU for Tom Keifer(Cinderella) sound....

Tom was a friend/customer back in the day and his tone was definitely based on a hot/vintage/bluesy vibe... the DelCo sound... some great players... in particular a guy named Steve Hove and Donny Syracuse who played in Steven Pearcy's ARCADE.
        An interesting favorite of Tom's was a Seymourizer II(DD neck) in the Bridge position in from what I remember was a Gibson Explorer
        I would suggest a Brobucker or 59/Custom Hybrid for the Bridge and an AP II or Pearly Gates for the Neck...
        GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

Working...
        X