Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Smoked" chrome on SD pickups?

Hi,

I was just wondering if "smoked" chrome is available as a plating on Custom Shop orders. I'm thinking about ordering a Phat Staple for my Rampage, and I think it would look killer if the plate on the pickup matched the hardware on the guitar. I'm sure they don't have the smoked chrome in stock, but they could send the hardware to a local plater to have it done.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Re: Black chrome

that would look pretty killer.

Would be a cool finish for covered humbuckers too.

Comment

^^ I would guess yes, but you´d essentially have to call up the CS to find out for sure unless someone chimes in that has already made that phone call...
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
        ^^ I would guess yes, but you´d essentially have to call up the CS to find out for sure unless someone chimes in that has already made that phone call...
        That's what I was hoping for, or for someone who works for SD to chime in. There are some guitars that come stock with smoked chrome, so I am guessing that the inquiry has been made at some point prior.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Re: "Smoked" chrome on SD pickups?

They call it "Black Nickel" usually, it's like the Dave Mustaine pickups. They have a plater who they use, and it would just take a while to send a Phat Staple cover off to be plated. The Phat Staple covers come like that, already plated and with the big hole in the center. They could also likely send the pole pieces off at the same time so they match. I have no clue what the price would be though.

Comment

Working...
          X