seymour duncan filtertron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seymour duncan filtertron?

I never realized you could get one from the custom shop but that seems a bit steep on the price.

Re: seymour duncan filtertron?

You can get almost anything from the custom shop usually the only thing that stops it is the price. Stuff from the custom shop isnt cheap
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

stuff I have seen usually runs around 150 or so. then again I guess it comes down to what it is you are asking for. I just wonder what it sounds like

Comment

Great sounding pickups. Have owned 2 sets in my life. Some of the most unique and interesting sounding pickups IMO. These do seem a tad steep for 'used'...or resale. Get them made for you to your own specs, they are well worth the price.

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene, Austin Texas
        Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Gene View Post
          Great sounding pickups. Have owned 2 sets in my life.
          2 sets of the SD Custom Shop Models.

Much Respect,

Comment

CS Buckers or pickups for Tele's, Strats, etc are less money because they use fairly standard parts and such but Filtertrons use custom bobbins, covers, poles, etc...that kind of stuff drives the cost up.

I love Duncan pickups and I LOVE my CS Duncans and I'm sure those Filtertrons are killer pickups but at $100 more per pickup than a TV Jones (which like it or not is the Standard in Filtertron pickups) they HAVE to be a hard sell!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
              CS Buckers or pickups for Tele's, Strats, etc are less money because they use fairly standard parts and such but Filtertrons use custom bobbins, covers, poles, etc...that kind of stuff drives the cost up.

I love Duncan pickups and I LOVE my CS Duncans and I'm sure those Filtertrons are killer pickups but at $100 more per pickup than a TV Jones (which like it or not is the Standard in Filtertron pickups) they HAVE to be a hard sell!

That was my thoughts exactly. I mean the TV jones are hard to beat in the filtertron game.

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
                That was my thoughts exactly. I mean the TV jones are hard to beat in the filtertron game.
                There was a time when TV Jones PUs were hard to come by. Any aftermarket Filtertrons for that matter.
                That said, I don't look at pickups as a competition, but rather finding the right one for the guitar I have. SDs were perfect for me at the time. Had a set of TV Jones rewound to 'Setzer' specs back in the day.

Much Respect,

Comment

Working...
                X