No announcement yet.

Looking for really legible wiring diagram for a pearly gates plus for Squire51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for really legible wiring diagram for a pearly gates plus for Squire51

My eyes are not as good as they use to be and in need of a really easy to read wiring diagram for installing a SD pearly gates plus humbucker in a Squire 51 not trying to change anything, as far as just installing new volume pot (Bourn) and Rototary selector.
    Im changing the neck pickup out as well to a tex mex single coil, but that I am not having problem. Really I think that I am having the biggest problem figuring out the coil tap?Sorry I know I am being brain dead ut I have found most diagrams small print or not excatly the correct amount of wires coming out of the humbucker. What post of the six is the correct one to solder to get the tap correct. Once again very sorry I cant figure out why I am having such a brain fart over this!
    Who do You Rely On for Your Auditory Perfection?sigpic

Re: Looking for really legible wiring diagram for a pearly gates plus for Squire51

Are you saying that your Pearly has a tapped coil, or are you just wanting to SPLIT the coils?
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Re: Looking for really legible wiring diagram for a pearly gates plus for Squire51

You just want a standard coil cut diagram (they're not made for specific brands and models of PU's). The only other thing you need is manufacturer color codes, and with Duncan's, black is hot and green is ground; the white and red are usually connected. To do coil cut ('coil tap' is the wrong term) HB's typically have 4 leads, which is what the vast majority fo diagrams will show.
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Here are a couple references that may help:

Color coding of pups:

Wiring for split:

You can find many more very clear and readable diagrams on the SD site under the "Support" tab.

Comment

Yes the coil tap happens at the volume push pull. I have no tone pot because the Squier 51 came stock with just a three wat rotory selector and a volume pot that splits the humbucker in to a single coil. So you can have a bridge humbucker or tapped for single, next selection is the humbucker and the single coil that is in the neck position this too can be tapped to give you the dual single coil sound, and last just the neck single coil. Tnaks Again for all of your Help!!
          Who do You Rely On for Your Auditory Perfection?sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WES1965 View Post
            Yes the coil tap happens at the volume push pull. I have no tone pot because the Squier 51 came stock with just a three wat rotory selector and a volume pot that "splits" the humbucker in to a single coil. So you can have a bridge humbucker or tapped for single, next selection is the humbucker and the single coil that is in the neck position this too can be tapped to give you the dual single coil sound, and last just the neck single coil. Tnaks Again for all of your Help!!
            Pretty hard headed, eh?
            Last edited by GuitarDoc; 01-19-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X