Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple Shots in PRS with rotary switch

Originally posted by rumblebox View Post
    The color coding is for duncan pups to more easily use with triple shots. As far as i know, PRS doesnt even make 4 wire pups.
    Ok I'm new to this so I am not sure how I would work out which prs wires correspond to the Duncan ones.

Hmm maybe I should just get some Duncan's to put in. I do like a full shred as a neck pickup, but not sure how it would sound in a prs. And maybe a screaming demon in the bridge.

Comment

Re: Triple Shots in PRS with rotary switch

When you pull the pickup apart, the wires will physically be in the positions of the drawings. install the new lead wires with duncan color coding.
      Last edited by rumblebox; 01-22-2013, 02:06 PM.
      Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Originally posted by rickgk View Post
        Ok I'm new to this so I am not sure how I would work out which prs wires correspond to the Duncan ones.

Hmm maybe I should just get some Duncan's to put in. I do like a full shred as a neck pickup, but not sure how it would sound in a prs. And maybe a screaming demon in the bridge.
        the FS bridge is 14.5K (basically a custom5 with hex poles)
        the FS neck is 7.4K
        the Demon is 10k

so basically the demon makes a good hot neck pickup for the full shred bridge.

the full shred bridge is too hot to use in the neck slot.
        Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Thanks heaps rumble, sorry I meant that I really like the full shred neck pickup for the neck position in another guutar i used to have, so that should work ok with the demon in the bridge.
          I may try converting the prs pickups to 4 wire first, I'll see how brave I feel once I take them out of the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by rumblebox View Post

the full shred bridge is too hot to use in the neck slot.
            Agreed, unless you`re an insane MoFo like me that uses JBs and Gibson Dirty Fingers at the neck with even hotter bridge PUs (Custom and PATB-2 in this case)
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Have you considered a different, easier to actuate knob? You may have to look outside the realm of guitars to find the perfect knob, though a chicken head might do the trick.

I'm thinking something along these lines:

Click image for larger version

Name:	lucas-311097-switch-lever-knob-black-screw-fixing-1732-p.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	5764556
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I hadn't thought of a different knob. Chicken head would do the trick but look pretty weird. Hmm.

Comment

Yes; an ugly, but pretty functional, cheap, and simple way to go.
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Yogi Berra was correct.
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X