banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..Has anyone try the Alnico 6 magnets ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ..Has anyone try the Alnico 6 magnets ???

I'm not trying to get down on you at all, I was just asking...I've been looking into alnico VI for a little while now and have gathered up some good info but very little that was first hand so I was curious.

The other thing that struck me was your description of A-VI as dark and unpleasant and your example of lipsticks...I think Lipsticks (when done right!) have an amazing sort of fat twang to them but I never thought of them as dark or unpleasant in any way.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
      I'm not trying to get down on you at all, I was just asking...
      I know, man. Just pulling your leg.

I've been looking into alnico VI for a little while now and have gathered up some good info but very little that was first hand so I was curious.

The other thing that struck me was your description of A-VI as dark and unpleasant and your example of lipsticks...I think Lipsticks (when done right!) have an amazing sort of fat twang to them but I never thought of them as dark or unpleasant in any way.
      Well, the "unpleasant" part was referred to the use in HBs. Also, what's not clear in my statement is that the A6 is not unpleasant per se, but because other Alnico grades being better sounding, available anywhere and costing less.

Looks like I need to go back to english school after all.

For the record, A6 works pretty well in the lipstick being a single coil for starters, but mostly due to its inherent, unique design and realization.

Hope this time I've made myself clear enough. *fingers crossed*
      Last edited by LtKojak; 01-26-2013, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Single coils would be an ideal place for A6's. I think they can work in some application for bridge HB's too, but they don't have anything to offer that an A8 doesn't already have.

I'm still curious about A1's and A7's, although I suspect that sitting between A6's and A8's, A7's may not offer much difference.
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
          I know, man. Just pulling your leg.

Well, the "unpleasant" part was referred to the use in HBs. Also, what's not clear in my statement is that the A6 is not unpleasant per se, but because other Alnico grades being better sounding, available anywhere and costing less.

Looks like I need to go back to english school after all.

For the record, A6 works pretty well in the lipstick being a single coil for starters, but mostly due to its inherent, unique design and realization.

Hope this time I've made myself clear enough. *fingers crossed*

I hear ya...

I only know a little about A-VI in buckers but to be dead honest I don't really care in those terms just asking more for education.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
            Single coils would be an ideal place for A6's. I think they can work in some application for bridge HB's too, but they don't have anything to offer that an A8 doesn't already have.

I'm still curious about A1's and A7's, although I suspect that sitting between A6's and A8's, A7's may not offer much difference.
            Come on now...what do you know about single coils?!

Comment

Come on now...what do you know about single coils?!
              I know about P-90's, real single coils, that were around before Leo made his stunted little ones. I'll have to take your guy's word when it comes to Leo's dwarves.
              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
              X