Combing Duncans with DiMarzio's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Combing Duncans with DiMarzio's

everybody needs to mellow out, whats with all this tension?

Comment

I've never tried mixing pickups but there are lots of combinations that would probably work out great.

Pearly Gates - Neck
      Super Distortion - Bridge

Alnico II Pro - Neck
      Air Norton - Bridge

Fast Track 1 - Neck & Middle
      Pearly Gates - Bridge

Full Shred - Neck
      Evolution - Bridge

PAF Pro - Neck
      JB - Bridge

Etcetera.......etcetera........

Its mostly true that Duncans and DiMarzios sound completely different. But to my ears I think an Air Classic sounds close to a Alnico II Pro.

Comment

staying ON topic, in my ibanez S-series I'm putting a little '59 in the neck. I have a two dimarzio h2's in there now and I hate them, too thin and yucky sounding. The middle one doesn't sound as bad as the neck though. I'm putting a cool rails in the middle. I have a tone zone in the bridge now and I might put in a duncan distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
          i dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
            staying ON topic, in my ibanez S-series I'm putting a little '59 in the neck. I have a two dimarzio h2's in there now and I hate them, too thin and yucky sounding. The middle one doesn't sound as bad as the neck though. I'm putting a cool rails in the middle. I have a tone zone in the bridge now and I might put in a duncan distortion.
            The H2s might sound too thin because they are completely overpowered by that Tone Zone in the bridge. Maybe if you swaped out the Tone Zone for an Air Zone or a PAF Pro or an Alnico Pro II or a Pearly Gates, then the bridge pickups will balance with the other two and your guitar would sound great. The H2s are great transparent sounding pickups. I don't know how they could sound "yucky" unless pickup height is out of adjustment or you a beginner thinking that your pickups are going to make you sound like "__________".

Comment

I did this on my RG570. Not to just mix things up, but to use the pickups I thought best for each postion.
              I have Duncan 59b in the neck, Bill Lawrence 250HP in the middle and Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge.
              That axe does it all and does it with authority!
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                I hear ya. Sorry for my part in it.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
                buggjuice.net
                MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X