Coil split with Invader and Jazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil split with Invader and Jazz

Im planning to install push pull pots in my epi and right now i have the invader in the bridge. im about to buy the jazz soon.

i was just wondering has anybody split an invader? i just wanted to know if it sounded good. i heard many good things about splitting the jazz though.

Re: Coil split with Invader and Jazz

I had that same pickup combo in my guitar with a 5 way switch. The Jazz of course sounds incredible even split, but the Invader`s tone left alot to be desired alone and split was just a weaker version of the full which led me to changing it for a Screamin Demon!

Comment

Alright well is it weak in output? or are you saying it just doesnt sound good. I already ordered my pushpull pots and just have to gather money for the jazz. I bought the invader just last sunday so i can still exchange it with the warranty. The screaming demon sounds nice i'll think about that or the duncan distortion. or i might jsut keep the invader to avoid having to send it to seymour duncan. i'll install it then try it out if i dont like it i'll send it. i'll report back once i get the pots.

Comment

The Invader doesn`t sound good regular or split,not much clarity or definition and terrible for leads! you`d be better off with the distortion or demon. As long as the pickup hasn`t been installed you can take it back to the store you bought it from for a refund. I had mine installed so i couldn`t do that!!!!!

Comment

I should add that this is only my opinion,others like the Invader, it just didn`t work out for me.

Comment

you know metaled guitar center let me exchange it for another and i installed it already. i just clearly stated to them that the seymour duncan warranty lets me exchange it at the store. it does say that though i didnt lie. hehe but i returned it with a filled out warranty lol they didnt check. this will be the second time i exchange a pickup. thank god for the exchange policy.

Comment

and for this one im just gonna send it to seymour duncan because i dont wanna piss of the guitar center employees. dont wanna get their bad side since i like to go there and get discounts.

Comment

Working...
              X