Pickups for a Schecter SGR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for a Schecter SGR

I've just bought a Schecter SGR body on ebay - double cutaway, double humbucker routed with a basswood body. I'll probably put a Tele style neck on it that I have already - 25 1/2 scale. I play rock and blues - I have Gibson pups with mag swaps in the neck postition in several guitars and they work well - thats 490T and/or R and also have a couple of 496R's fitted with UOA5s.
    I've bought a Breed for the bridge - seems they have a good reputation in basswood... but I also have a Duncan Custom 8 that could go there.
    For the neck I have a Rio Grande Texas that reads around 9K or I could go with a Gibson 490T with an A4 or UOA5.
    I do have an old Air Norton sitting around but not sure about putting that in the neck?
    What do you think?
    The Artiste formally known as IndySG...

Re: Pickups for a Schecter SGR

Make sure to measure...a Tele neck might not go into the pocket far enough and could cause the scale length to be "off"...

As for pickups I can only offer this...I used to have a bass wood Ibanez Roadstar II that had a Duncan Distortion in it and I loved it!!!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

This is a Tele style neck - not a real one or a Mighty Mite replacement and I have heard that its hard to intonate Tele necks into other bodies.... I do have an Ibanez with a Tele neck but again its not a Fender neck. I'm not a fan of Distortion pickups - I like to get my distortion from driving the amp hard and making the speakers strain!

Comment

The pickup doesn't make distortion but the Duncan Distortion is hot enough to drive your amp to overdrive on it's own...does it quite well in fact!

I quite liked it but that doesn't mean you will.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I like a pickup to clean up a bit when its turned down - I tried Dimarzio Distortion pups when they came out and really didn't like them.... never tried the Duncan Distortion though.
          Maybe one day

Comment

Working...
          X