banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirty South Southern Thunder Pickups - Anybody know anything about them???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty South Southern Thunder Pickups - Anybody know anything about them???

I bought a PRS Torero from CRGTR on the PRS Forum. Chris does a lot of reviews on YouTube for gear.
    He went all out on modifying this guitar.
    He basically did almost everything he could with the tremolo. He must have spent about $200 at Floyd Upgrades! Giant brass "L" shaped block, titanium locking bolts and clamps, noiseless springs, etc.

It came with a set of Dirty South Southern Thunder pickups. I would just call Dirty South, but it seems that they have fallen off the map. Chris said that the guy, "Dirty Al," has some personal things that he is working on and closed the business for a while.
    Does anyone know anything about these pickups?
    They are not really a good match for this guitar. They seem hot enough, but seem to be missing harmonics and something that I can't quite put my finger on.

I'm wondering if they would be a good match for my McCarty.

Re: Dirty South Southern Thunder Pickups - Anybody know anything about them???

Nobody here has heard of or used these pickups?

I tried to call Dirty South, but it looks like they have gone out of business. The website has been down for a long time.

Comment

This is the first that I've heard of them.

Comment

There are a few older threads on HC forums about them. Then, the guy just fell off the map.
        CRGTR (Chris Reynolds) is the guy I got the guitar from. He really liked the Dirty South stuff. There are a few videos on You Tube that Chris and some other guys did.

Comment

Originally posted by Monsta-Tone View Post
          Nobody here has heard of or used these pickups?

I tried to call Dirty South, but it looks like they have gone out of business. The website has been down for a long time.
          They are out of business and the website has been down for awhile and you wonder why noone has heard of them?
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
            They are out of business and the website has been down for awhile and you wonder why noone has heard of them?
            Well.......I was hoping someone here had used these pickups and knew a little bit about them.........

Comment

Working...
            X