• Show
Clear All

• Best pearly gates for a es335 style guitar

What pearly gates pickups would you use in a 335 copy
    Neck

bridge

and why. or would you use 57 classics.

Re: Best pearly gates for a es335 style guitar

Gold A2's with 4 conductor leads. The reason is that I saw your other thread with the connectors, and you can feed the black and green/silver into the positive and negative connectors

The neck is always perfect, and if the bridge seems a little brighter just roll it's tone down to 8.

My favorite set is the Custom Shop Brobucker/Pearly Gates neck. But by keeping them both PG's, it's a nicely calibrated set that doesn't have a tonal shift when switching between them.
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Thanks gearjoneser, I am a total dummy when it comes picking electrical componants. I am an older guy 68 been playing for 30+ years but just getting into blues and searching for a not to costly sound.

Comment

Welcome aboard Feb.

I have a pearly gates set in my 335. sweetest pickups ever ( in my experience)
        They are the 4th and final set to reside in this axe. the first set was stock gibson 57s (nasally, flabby, no detail, no fun). second was SD59's (clear and defined - better but too scooped for my personal preference). third was 59 A2's (really nice, warm and fat). Final set: PG's (neck is deep and warm yet defined and the bridge has a great presence and cut. So full of vintage character and hipness with just the right amount of snarl when needed).
        Last edited by Chickenwings; 01-28-2013, 05:55 PM.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I have a Dot with a PG in the bridge and an A2P in the neck. Excellent match for that guitar.
          Band: www.colouredanimal.com
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
          Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Could you tell me the exact nubers of the neck and bridge, like APHIn for neck and what for the bridge.

thanks

Comment

pgn pgb
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
              X