Custom Shop "Resource?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop "Resource?"

Hey all. I am giving serious thought to ordering some Custom pickups thru the CS here at Duncan.. but I've never done this and would hate to be "the noob" and waste someone's time and NOT know what I'm asking for, or how to order.. etc..

Is there a walkthru or information somewhere that shows/explains what options are available... what effects on the sound, etc.. I'm kind of clueless when it comes to the technical workings of a pickup. So I want to get more "oriented" so I can order myself a dream pickup. =)

Thanks a million

Re: Custom Shop "Resource?"

Well my advice would be to first look at what duncan has to offer then go from their. Look at demos of Pups u might think you like and make note of what you like and dont like.
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Re: Custom Shop "Resource?"

You don't need to worry about tech specs, in fact that's where folks go wrong with ordering form the CS because no matter what they might have you believe no body on this forum knows enough to order a custom pickup based on tech specs...

Just call MJ and tell her what you want to hear form your guitar and let her worry about windings, wire, magnets, etc...thats her job!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
      X