Just got some Pearly Gate goodness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got some Pearly Gate goodness!

I had some work done on my Dean Cherry Sunburst Cadddy. It is now sporting A pair of Pearly Gates! Haven't had that combo going on for a while. Good to be back.

Rev Zebra neck, Zebra bridge. Also got the taps wired up.

And the Bridge Pearly Gates - it's something special. I wound that one myself at SDUGD. I got the reading today from Ben Chafin... it's a little hotter than your Pearly Gates!!!!

Pearly Gates - Have Mercy!!!!
    Last edited by Aceman; 02-01-2013, 08:34 PM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Just got some Pearly Gate goodness!

hell yeah man. love the pearlies!

Comment

winning
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I was playing a bit last night. Oh man...I should not have went so long without a Pearly GAtes set!!!!

I have no idea where the Pearly gates neck "too bright" comes from!?!?!?! It sounds awesome. No doubt it has some bite, but that's a good thing! And it responds very well to vol/tone also - you know those knobs on the guitar?

And of course, this thing is - well let's just say it's around 9k, that little extra something. Just awesomeness.

I have never tapped a set of PG's. They sound pretty good! I prefer to tap mega outputs personally. But I'm digging these in single mode.

Comment

I know what you mean they sound so smooth and chewy in the neck. Even on a 24 fret neck it still sounds good
          Originally posted by KBliss
          WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
          Originally posted by trevorus
          The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            I have never tapped a set of PG's. They sound pretty good! I prefer to tap mega outputs personally. But I'm digging these in single mode.
            I recently dropped a PGb in my strat and I too was blown away by the awesomeness of the PG. I was really surprised how good it sounded in a strat and with single coils. And like you, I thought the split sound was honestly pretty damn nice.
            MEMBER OF THE SACRED ORDER OF THE STONECUTTERS

Comment

any difference in the production pearlies and the custom shop pearlies? i'd like to have some un-potted pearlies for my les paul custom. i have really come to like un-potted humbuckers. they just seem more "alive".

Comment

I love pearly's so much im considering getting a custom so i can drop it in a tv jones size slot on my cabronita build.

Comment

This is like the V8 commercial. You need to hit yourself on the forehead Bob and say: "I could have had Seth's!"
                  "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                  "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                  "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                    This is like the V8 commercial. You need to hit yourself on the forehead Bob and say: "I could have had Seth's!"

Comment

Working...
                    X