Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldering help...

Hi, first post!

I'm switching out both pickups on my Cort M520. I found a diagram here on the Seymour Duncan site that's close but not quite right - 2 humbuckers, 3-way switch, 1 tone, one volume - but my guitar has a push/pull coil split on tone instead of volume...

The SD diagram: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tahxqhwef1..._1t_3w_1pp.pdf
    My guitar after removing the pickups: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ms1jyeloj0b90h/CortM520.pdf

What goes where? Bridge and neck are two SD humbuckers with four wires...

Re: Soldering help...

If both pots are of same resistance, no worries.(ex:500K)
    Just use your tone push/pull as volume, as per SD diagram.
    Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
    Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Comment

I think they are (can't find the numbers on the one with the push/pull)

Comment

If you want to keep the tone as the push pull then you can do that too. Just have the wires that go to the volume push pull switch in the diagram go to the tone push pull in your guitar. The only wire that you would do differently is the wire from the switch that goes to the back of the volume pot - in your case it would obviously go to the back of the tone pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperborea View Post
          If you want to keep the tone as the push pull then you can do that too. Just have the wires that go to the volume push pull switch in the diagram go to the tone push pull in your guitar. The only wire that you would do differently is the wire from the switch that goes to the back of the volume pot - in your case it would obviously go to the back of the tone pot.
          Thanks!

Soldering night tonight... :-)

Comment

Working...
          X