Everything Axe HHH Stratocaster coil-split wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Axe HHH Stratocaster coil-split wiring

I've found this wiring diagram which I would like to try with the loaded pickguard: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...v_2t_super5way

Now the 3 pups have very different outputs. Especially the Duckbucker is very low output like lower than a vintage SC? Is coil splitting bridge/middle and middle/neck going to sound good? Will it sound like SSS Strat postitions 2 and 4? Also why does the Duckbucker exist anyways? Duncan makes a bunch of noiseless SCs. Just curious.

Re: Everything Axe HHH Stratocaster coil-split wiring

Now the 3 pups have very different outputs. Especially the Duckbucker is very low output like lower than a vintage SC? Is coil splitting bridge/middle and middle/neck going to sound good?
    MY Tele has a low-to-standard output neck Area T stacked humbucker. When it's split and paired with a very high output single coil Quarter Pound mid it sounds good, but the volume drops to just a little louder than the Area T alone. When paired they are setup for hum canceling but the big difference in output between the two coils reduces the effectiveness of the hum & noise reduction.

Comment

Working...
    X