Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil 59 Tele and Chopper Strat!

Hi guys, I am loving this set up!

I have the lil 59 and vintage stack in my tele and love them. The lil 59 can be bright but since it is essentially a humbucker, I use 500K pots to keep my Tele bright. I just roll off the tone knob if I want the guitar to sound darker, but I would rather have the highs and bite if needed.

My Strat has the Dimarzio Chopper in the bridge and that seems darker but in this guitar, I only have the bridge volume pot as a 500K, the other pots are stock 250K. In my Tele, both pots are 500K CTS.

I am really impressed with how much the Lil 59 sounds like the perfect marriage of single coil and humbucker.

Re: Lil 59 Tele and Chopper Strat!

You should post some sound or youtube clips in the Tips & Clips section! Would love to hear what your stuff sounds like. Even some vids of your band would be good.
    -
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul View Post
      Hi guys, I am loving this set up!

I have the lil 59 and vintage stack in my tele and love them. The lil 59 can be bright but since it is essentially a humbucker, I use 500K pots to keep my Tele bright. I just roll off the tone knob if I want the guitar to sound darker, but I would rather have the highs and bite if needed.

My Strat has the Dimarzio Chopper in the bridge and that seems darker but in this guitar, I only have the bridge volume pot as a 500K, the other pots are stock 250K. In my Tele, both pots are 500K CTS.

I am really impressed with how much the Lil 59 sounds like the perfect marriage of single coil and humbucker.
      ok.

Comment

Good for you.
        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I've used both, great pups!

Comment

So how long is it going to be before the honeymoon wears off, you ask a bunch of questions about other setups, then don't listen to anybody's suggestions?

Comment

Working...
            X