Give me your ideal Mini hum neck, Hum Bridge combo for a Swamp Ash Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me your ideal Mini hum neck, Hum Bridge combo for a Swamp Ash Tele

My other thread is not getting any response because it was started for a different reason. Now, I'm just asking point blank: you've got a swamp ash tele with rosewood board. You've got a mini humbucker in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge. You have to stick with only DUNCAN and DIMARZIO suggestions, don't make me explain, just play by these rules please. You like to play metal, but want a versatile guitar with some capability for classic rock, country, jazz. What set are you going to go with? Here are some of my ideas:

SM-3n/Norton
    SM-1b/Norton
    Dimarzio mini/Norton
    SM-3n/Breed
    SM-1b/Breed
    Dimarzio mini/Breed
    SM-3n/59customhybrid
    SM-1b/59customhybrid
    Dimarzio mini/59customhybrid

Click image for larger version

Name:	8291764822_c79fbfc8ac.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	5826646

Re: Give me your ideal Mini hum neck, Hum Bridge combo for a Swamp Ash Tele

Why the SM-1b instead of the SM-1n in the neck position?

Comment

Dimarzio mini/36th, all around versatile and good for classic rock. Some creative wiring for split/parallel for country and a tone capacitor that doesn't roll off as many highs as the common one for jazzy or generally warmer tones.

Comment

Great idea, believe it or not I heard some good metal clips of the 36th too

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
          Why the SM-1b instead of the SM-1n in the neck position?
          Cuz it is hotter. Why not give me your pickup set suggestion? Pretend it is your guitar.

Comment

SM-3n/Norton is my top contender right now. I'm not sure I would dig the ceramic dimarzio mini in the neck.

Comment

Working...
            X