50's era archtop with single neck pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50's era archtop with single neck pickup

I bought this vintage guitar without the electronics as a project. I play old jazz standards and want a warmer slightly muddy sound. what pickup would you recommend.

Re: 50's era archtop with single neck pickup

What kind of pickup do you want?

Humbucker, P-90, floating single coil, mini humbucker...

What kind of guitar is it?

What type of pickup did it have?

What do you have room for?
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

whats the axe? pics, man pics!
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I don't know what brand of guitar it is. could be an old Harmony Archtop. It had holes for electronics but did not have any electronics when I bought it. the pickup hole was apparently cut for a humbucker. I like it because it has a great vintage archtop look. Plays great. I just want a warm sound. I originally put Parson Street P90, with CTS 250 pots, with a .22 PIO cap. But the sound is not warmer enough.

Comment

humbucker hole. old axe...
          antiquity.

....but we still want pics!
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
          X