Creamery Telecaster Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamery Telecaster Pickups

What do you think of this Creamery Telecaster Pickup set?

Bridge Pickup - Tele-90 Coil Tapped with an Alnico 3 Magnet Magnets 12.4k Output & 44AWG Plain Enamel.

Neck Pickup - Strat-90 Coil Tapped with an Alnico 4 Magnet to match the Tele-90 Pickup Output & 42AWG Plain Enamel.

Tele-90: Custom Telecaster Sized, P90 Design Bridge Pickup
    The Creamery Telecaster sized P90 pickup houses two unpolished Alnico 5 magnets and a fat 43AWG coil wound around a custom, handcrafted P90 middle bobbin, hand shaped to fit a standard Telecaster Bridge. Huge, fat single-coil tones still with clarity, presence & a defined voice. Get the grit of a P90 in a standard Telecaster Bridge size. Great fat, rounded clean tones - turn up the gain and let the pickup scream.
    The geometry of the standard Tele Bridge Pickup size as opposed to a standard P90 means there will always be a slight difference in tone between the two pickups as the coil will be slightly narower - Its for this reason I don't call it a "true" P90 although I've voiced this pickup to sound close, somewhat similar to my Humbucker sized P90 pickup. A higher output, fat single-coil tone in a standard Tele Bridge sized pickup.

Strat-90: With its six adjustable pole pieces and dual magnet design, the new Stratocaster Sized P90 pickup is great if you're after that fat single coil P90 tone. Due to its design of dual bar magnets and pole screws, the tone is warmer & fatter than a standard Strat pickup. In positions 2 & 4 you'll stil get the trademark Strat 'quack' tone, just a fatter, more rounded version. Great for a more blusier style of playing.
    As the geometry of the Strat P90 pickup differs from a standard P90 in terms of width of coil, the tone will be a little brighter but still with the warmth and fatter single coil voice you'd expect from a P90 design. I've designed the P90 Strat pickup with custom magnets to let the strings vibrate a little more adding to the warmth in the tone.The adjustable poles allow you to match the your neck radius for better string balance.

Re: Creamery Telecaster Pickups

I think it's a whole lot of numbers and w/o getting them there is no way to know what all that is really going to sound like.

However I am pretty sure it ain't gonna sound like a Tele.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Re: Creamery Telecaster Pickups

I have a set of Fralin SP-42's - they're Strat pickups meant to sound like P90's. They've got adjustable pole pieces and two magnets, just like real P90's.

They just sound like really good, beefed up (in tone, not output) and slightly hotter (I believe under 7.5k) strat pickups. Vaguely like P90's, but not really. I'm willing to bet that these aren't any closer than the Fralins.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Working...
      X