Question about pole spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about pole spacing

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum. I recently bought my first Les Paul. It is a stock 2010 Studio model, with a stock stop bar tail piece bridge. I wasn't happy with the stock pickups. I ordered a set of Pearly Gates pickups via Best Buy on-line. Who knew they stocked pickups? Anyway, they came today. The neck was fine, but they sent me a pearly gates trembucker bridge. I understand they have a wider pole spacing than the regular bridge pickup. How big an issue is this? I waited about ten days for these to arrive, I'm sure the correct one will take just as long to arrive. I'm kind of anxious to get these in the guitar. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Question about pole spacing

measure from the high e to the low e right above the bridge pickup. if its 50mm or above, the trembucker is the correct pickup. if it's 49mm or so, then you should get an SH spaced version instead.

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
      measure from the high e to the low e right above the bridge pickup. if its 50mm or above, the trembucker is the correct pickup. if it's 49mm or so, then you should get an SH spaced version instead.
      Thank you for the information. It is less than 50. I guess I have to do the right thing. I called Best Buy, and they shipped the correct one today. I will have to return the trembucker to a store for credit. I can't wait to hear these pickups in my guitar. I also bought locking tuners for it. Should be great when it's done.

Comment

cool! glad I could help!

Comment

Originally posted by mojosman View Post
          Thank you for the information. It is less than 50. I guess I have to do the right thing. I called Best Buy, and they shipped the correct one today. I will have to return the trembucker to a store for credit. I can't wait to hear these pickups in my guitar. I also bought locking tuners for it. Should be great when it's done.
          I didn't even know Best Buy sold pickups. Is this something new?

Comment

Originally posted by Thanatopsis View Post
            I didn't even know Best Buy sold pickups. Is this something new?
            I'm not sure. I stumbled onto them on the website. In my area none of the stores carry anything like this kind of stuff, but my brother said he saw a music section in a Best Buy near Baltimore with guitars and amps. I had no idea.

Comment

Working...
            X