tried the dimarzio pole piece invader mod and got a el diablo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tried the dimarzio pole piece invader mod and got a el diablo

So I took so took some pole peices from a dimarzio blaze and stuck them in a invader. I thought the invader was great before but this does make it better. Still the huge powerful invader roar but lows are tighter (but still huge) and more cut and crunch on top. However if u just don't like the invader this pro ally won't satisfy u. I really want to hybrid this with a full shred and use the triple ceramic setup and see what happens.

Also I acquired a Toni iommi signiture Duncan which if I am not mistaken is, the same as a el diablo. Very cool pickup very tight and articulate huge mids and a nice treble. Not near as hot as the invader though. I may end up trading or selling it because it does a similar thing as my manlius custom hot but I just like the way the manlius does it better ( sorry Seymour. Just a preference it is still a fine pickup)

Re: tried the dimarzio pole piece invader mod and got a el diablo

I once made a black hole.... invader was the base, swapped the polepieces for DMZ style (like you did) but used an X2N coil for the hybrid (with new baseplates for both cause it didn't really fit). one of the most bad-ass metal pickups I've heard so far. From what I gather, the diablo will get you there, but not 'quite'.

Comment

You've been MIA for a bit so you didn't see. I made some Invader/Custom hybrids for me & Lats. His is A8 with the vader caps, I don't think he's tried it yet though. Mine just has the standard screw/slug configuration with a single big ceramic (based on your comments about your DD/C big ceramic hybrid), and it's super dooper awesome, I love it so much.

Anyway, the FS/Vader probably resides in the same neighborhood, so yeah, I'd hella recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by metalmachine View Post
        So I took so took some pole peices from a dimarzio blaze and stuck them in a invader. I thought the invader was great before but this does make it better. Still the huge powerful invader roar but lows are tighter (but still huge) and more cut and crunch on top. However if u just don't like the invader this pro ally won't satisfy u. I really want to hybrid this with a full shred and use the triple ceramic setup and see what happens.
        If you could post a picture and an audio clip of that little monster, that would be totally awesome.

Comment

Working...
        X