Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez SZ320 wiring with 2 Push/Pull Volume and 1 Tone

Hey guys

Ive read through the stickies but could find anything specifically for what i want.

Im Looking To Mod My Ibanez SZ320. There are 2 Volume, 1 Tone and a 3 way switch. It has Duncan designed HB103 and HB101 Pickups (modeled after the Duncan Distortion and 59 model respectfully)

I want to Mod my guitar so that I utilize 2 push/pull Pots (for the volume) and 1 normal tone pot.

Pickup selection on 3 way switch: Bridge - Bridge and Neck (not split which is stock) - Neck

Then obviously push/pull on selected volume splits that humbucker.

How yould i go about doing this? how should i wire the pots and the switch?

Im Thinking of also changing my switch to a larger Les Paul style switch, cause i hate this little 3-way, its hard to get it in the middle without actually feeling the selector (which wastes time and is annoying). How would i wire a les paul type 3 way switch?

If possible (and it will be greatly appreciated) can someone please draw me a schematic. I will provide the basic diagram just to save a little more time for whoever does help me.

Thanks for your help Guys

This is greatly appreciated.

im going to try the mods myself, and if that doesn't work, ill take it to the tech (no need to waste money when i can do it myself, especially since this will cost $80 here in South Africa for labour alone (at admittedly, one of the best techs))
    We're all still learning...

Ibanez SZ320BK (Dimarzio Air Zone and Air Norton)
    Orange Rocker 15 Terror
    Orange PPC112
    Various pedals

Re: Ibanez SZ320 wiring with 2 Push/Pull Volume and 1 Tone

Here you are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ibanez_SZ320_-_mod_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	5764990

Brigde ground, among any other not represented grounds must be soldered together to any of the other ground spots (case of a pot, by example).
    NOTE: this diagram assumes that your pickups are following Seymour Duncan's color coding, otherwise, you should map wire colors.
    Attached Files
    My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

Re: Ibanez SZ320 wiring with 2 Push/Pull Volume and 1 Tone

I have the exact same guitar and want to do the same thing.
      It's actually quite easy to do.
      Just remove the following from the 3 way switch-
      Red/white (from neck pickup)
      Put these on centre of push pull switch ( on back of neck volume pot).

Green/black (from bridge pickup)
      Put these on centre of push pull switch ( on back of bridge volume pot).

Also you don't need to touch any other wiring on the neck/bridge toggle switch except to remove the joined pickup wires (ie: red/white pair & green/black pair) When in centre position it already selects both neck/bridge. I've double checked this with my multimeter.

I'm just waiting on some 500k (b) pots with the push/pull switches and then I'm going to do the same thing.

I've attached a diagram and a photo of my original stock wiring.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	5765376

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	5765377

On the diagram I have highlighted what pickups will be selected when the pickup is in split mode.
      Last edited by SRV42; 03-08-2013, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X