please help me with the wiring of my tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me with the wiring of my tele

hey everyone i'm working on a special type of tele... i need help with some special switching on my guitar project it involves one volume, one tone, one 5 way switch, a jazzmaster pickup and a humbucker... i could do the whole thing but the switching is my big issue... i want to get the most tonal possibilities out of this guitar so i was thinking of getting these selections in my guitar:

position 1: neck jm pup
    position 2: jm pup/humbucker split
    position 3: jm pup/ humbucker
    position 4: humbucker split
    position 5: bridge humbucker

could someone help me out with a diagram??? and please explain to me why the layout on the switch is the way it is??? i really want to understand how guitar switching is supposed to work...

Re: please help me with the wiring of my tele

hey guys i think i found something useful

now all i need to do is swap the position of the pickups right??? do i need all those capacitors??? i'm also not big on the 3rd position, i prefer the paralell humbucker in series with the jm pup... any ideas/suggestions???

Comment

Save time and trouble...that could be done with a mega switch or a super switch but those switches are a pain in the neck to use and in my experiences don't last very long plus they are twice or more the cost of a good CRL or OG blade switch.

Wire the guitar up with a 3 way Tele blade switch to get neck, both and bridge then put a push/pull pot in there to split the bucker...
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

For the most tonal possibilities I highly recommend a series/split/parallel switch for the humbucker and use a 3-way selector switch (bridge, bridge+neck, neck). When using just the humbucker it will be humbucking in series and parallel. All three modes have a distinct tone and you can pair the humbucker in all 3 modes with the single coil (in hum cancelling mode when the humbucker is split) for 6 different tones.
        Last edited by robrob2; 02-13-2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X