• Show
Clear All

• Gibson 1959 re-issue

Does anyone know if there is a direct
    fit humbucker for this guitar? One
    that requires no modification. I think
    Seymour Duncan offers one. Thanks!

Re: Gibson 1959 re-issue

Just about any humbucker, Duncan or otherwise will drop right in.

What are you looking to change in the sound of your Les Paul?

Edit: I was assuming a Les Paul. Any time I hear Gibson + 1959 + reissue it = LP in my mind
    Last edited by Push to Shuv; 02-14-2013, 09:14 AM.
    PRS Singlecuts
    Epiphone Sheraton II
    Vintage acoustics

Comment

What guitar?

A 1959 Les Paul, 1959 ES-335, 1959 Melody Maker???

I assume the guitar has humbuckers (because most 1959 Gibsons do) and if so any humbucker Duncan makes save for the mini's and Firebird style will drop right in.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I can't stress it enough: Seymour Duncan can make ANY pickup in the customshop. I've seen the most amazing pickup recreations. Perfect copies of those low impedance pickups in the right casing, mandolin pickups, melody maker pickups.... You name it, they can make it. Hell, if you'd ask I bet they can make you a Charlie Christian in a humbucker casing (sorry Derek! )

Comment

re-issue of what?
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
          X