Help which bridge pup?.. into phish and jambands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help which bridge pup?.. into phish and jambands

So I need some help picking out the right pup for my bridge position. I have a 59 in the neck that I am happy with. The 59 I have in the bridge is not cutting it for me. It is too bright and has no presence. I play an all maple guitar with rosewood fretboard so I'm sure that is contributing to this. I want somthing with alot less treble but not muddy when overdriven. I play alot of phish and really dig Trey Anastasio's tone. I guess i like some compression like that singing violin type smoothness. But don't get me wrong I want it to have balls and great pressence as well. And alot of sustain. But I really am not in to metal or hard grungy punk ect.. Think Anastasio and Clapton. My amp is a carvin x100b old fuzzy with EL34's. I use a tube screamer and a compressor in case there is any phish heads about to tell me to use that. Anyone have any suggestions for what I need? Should I get the Custom Custom? My guitar must be on the bright side because the highs where to much for me with the 59 in the bridge. But the 59 in the neck isn't over bright and sounds good. I also want to set up coil tap so keep that in mind. Thanks for reading and your help.

Re: Help which bridge pup?.. into phish and jambands

bumper

Comment

a cc is nice and buttery smooth on the high end. a fun easy pup to play for sure

Comment

You can try a Pearly Gates in the bridge or a CC or a Custom with Alnico 5 but I think you would like the first two better.
        Originally posted by KBliss
        WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
        Originally posted by trevorus
        The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Working...
        X